PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND THE POLICIES AND PRACTICES OF PPS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
If you do not agree with PPS’ policies and practices, do not use the Services. By accessing or using the Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
1. Changes; Incorporation. This Policy may change from time to time, without notice. Your continued use of the Services after PPS makes changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates. This Policy incorporates the terms of the PPS’ Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”), which can be found here; together, the Policy and Terms govern your use of the Services.
2. Children Under the Age of 13. The Services are not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age. No one under age thirteen (13) may provide any information to the Services, and PPS does not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13). If you are under thirteen (13), do not use or access the Services in any fashion. If you believe PPS may have any information from or about a child under thirteen (13), please contact PPS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information Collected and How it is Used.
(a) Information Collected. Several types of information from and about users of the Services are collected by PPS, including information:
(i) by which you may be personally identified, such as your e-mail address or telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline that you provide to PPS;
(ii) that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
(iii) about your internet connection, the devices you use to access the Services, and usage details.
(b) When Information is Collected. PPS collects information:
(i) directly from you when you provide it to PPS; and
(ii) automatically as you interact with the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
(c) Information You Provide. The information PPS collects thru the Services may include:
(i) information that you provide by filling in forms available through the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use a specific aspect of the Services, posting material, or requesting further information from or otherwise communicating with the Services. PPS may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Services; and
(ii) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact PPS.
(d) User Contributions. You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public and private areas of the Services, including but not limited to when the Services access the camera on your device, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions, if any, are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although PPS may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, you state that PPS cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. PPS cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
3. Information that may be Collected Through Automatic Data Collection. As you navigate through and interact with the Service, PPS may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
(i) details of your visits to the Services, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services; and
(ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
4. Usage. The information PPS collects from you assists PPS in offering and improving the Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling PPS to:
(i) estimate audience size and usage patterns;
(ii) store information about your preferences, allowing PPS to customize the Services according to your individual interests;
(iii) speed up your inputs with the Services;
(iv) recognize you when you return to the Services;
(v) present the Services and its contents;
(vi) provide you with information, products, or services that you may request from the Services;
(vii) carry out PPS’ obligations and enforcing its rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and PPS;
(viii) notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services; and
(ix) in any other way that PPS may describe when you provide information.
5. Technology Used. The technologies used for automatic data collection may include:
(ii) Certain features of the Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Services.
(iii) Web Beacons. Pages of the Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit PPS, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
7. Sharing Information. PPS may share anonymized and aggregated information, like traffic and usage data, for purposes such as analyzing user preferences, user experience, and to improve the Services. PPS does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. PPS may use your personal information in the following ways:
(i) for data processing or storage purposes;
(ii) with service providers, advisors, other users, and other third parties, to the extent necessary to provide the products or features that you use on the Services;
(iii) to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
(iv) to enforce or apply the Terms, and any other agreements or arrangements that apply to you, including for billing and collection purposes; and
(v) if PPS believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PPS, its customers, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
8. Security. PPS strives to maintain reasonable safeguards and security measures designed to protect the information collected by PPS. Unfortunately, no transmission of information via the internet is 100% secure. Although PPS will do its best to protect your information, PPS cannot guarantee its security; any transmission is at your own risk. PPS strongly recommends that you take every precaution in protecting your information, including using secure browsers, servers, and devices.
9. Notice to California Residents.
(a) Rights Generally. If you are a resident of the state of California, in the event the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) applies to PPS, you have the following rights:
(i) You must be notified as to which categories of your personal data are being collected and the purposes for which your personal data is used. The Services only collect an email or a phone number, and your email or phone number is used to provide you with the Services and in accordance with the Terms and this Policy.
(ii) You have the right to request and obtain from PPS information pertaining to any disclosure of your personal data to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. PPS does not disclose your personal data to any third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
(iii) You have the right to ask PPS not to sell your personal data to any third party. PPS does not sell any of your personal data.
(iv) You have the right to request and obtain from PPS information pertaining to the following: (a) the categories of your personal data that are collected; (b) the sources from which your personal data were collected; (c) the business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling your personal data; (d) categories of third parties which whom PPS shares your personal data; and (e) the specific pieces of personal data PPS collected from you.
(v) You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data that PPS collected during the past 12 months.
(b) Contact. If you are a California resident and the CCPA applies to PPS, you may contact email@example.com to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
10. Do Not Track Policy. Your browser that you use to access the Services may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. The Services offered by PPS are not configured to respond to any “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms.
11. Questions and Contact. If you have questions or concerns with this Policy, please contact PPS at firstname.lastname@example.org.